- Community Events
- Home Decorating Contest - Holiday
Home Decorating Contest - Holiday Edition
Monday, Dec. 12 through Monday, Dec. 19, 2022
(Entry deadline Monday, Dec. 12)
Let's show our Parker hometown spirit and decorate for the holidays! The community is invited to celebrate with the Town of Parker by decorating your front porches, yards, window, doors, patios or balconies! Unleash your creativity, bring a smile and some holiday cheer to your friends and neighbors, and WIN PRIZES! The Town will produce a virtual map of all our registered porches, so the community can plan a walk or drive around Parker to see and share in the celebration. New this year - we have added judging categories and a judging committee! We are also adding a special “Mayor and Council Favorite” category and of course we are bringing back the “People’s Choice Award” where the community chooses their favorite over Facebook.
Contest Details and Rules
1. Contestants must live in the Town of Parker boundaries and submit an online entry form and a photo by 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 12.
2. Contest is for residential properties only (businesses that wish to join in on the fun, please contact Brooke Spain for sponsorship opportunities).
3. Contestants will pick one themed category to be judged in (1 winner per category).
- Light Up the Town – the best lights or light show.
- Best Decorated Windows, doors, patios and balconies– Put your imagination to work! This can be done on a low budget and still be amazingly effective! (This is great for townhome and apartment residents!!)
- Deck the Yard - best yard display.
4. Contestants must have decorations up and ready by Monday, Dec. 12, and keep them up through Monday, Dec. 19, 2022.
5. All entries will also be entered into the following contests:
- The Elected Choice Award – Mayor and Town Council Favorite
- The People’s Choice Award– Community Social Media Favorite
6. Contestants are required to follow all Town of Parker Municipal Code, HOA, apartment or Townhome rules and regulations with your decorations.
7. Hanging lights and/or decorations across a public roadway or putting any decorations in the public right-of-way is not allowed.
8. Initial judging for the themed categories will be based on electronic entry photos submitted. The top 3 entries in each category will be selected for onsite judging.
9. Themed category onsite judging will begin Tuesday, Dec. 13 and will run through Friday night, Dec. 16.
10. Onsite themed category judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from the front of the house view). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
11. The People’s Choice voting will begin Tuesday, Dec. 13 via electronic entry photos only on Facebook and will conclude at 10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 19.
12. The Elected Choice voting will be based on the electronic entry photos submitted.
13. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Town of Parker’s website and/or Facebook page as well as used in future promotional publications. Winners will also be recognized, with photos, in a social media post on the Town’s Facebook page. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
14. Judging criteria will include:
- Storyline/theme – How well does the overall presentation of the entry incorporate the storyline/theme? (50%)
- Creativity – How creative is the entry in using the decorations, props, lights, etc.? (25%)
- Originality – How unique is the design? (25%)
15. Winners in the three themed categories and the Elected Choice will be announced and notified, by phone and email, Friday, Dec. 16 by close of business.
16. Winners in the People’s Choice category will be notified by phone and email, Monday, Dec. 19 by close of business.
17. Winners in the three themed categories and the Elected Choice will receive a gift basket and a winner yard sign. The winner of the People’s Choice award will receive a winner yard sign.
18. A contestant is eligible to win up to three times: one individual themed category, the Elected and the People’s Choice awards.
Release of Liability
By agreeing to participate in the Contest, Contestants acknowledge that there is a risk that judges or community members may enter onto the Contestant’s property and inadvertently cause damage to the such property. The Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold the Town of Parker, its officers, agents, consultants, and representatives harmless from any loss, damage, or injury which may result from the Contestant’s participation in the Contest. This release of liability and indemnity applies equally to losses, damages, or injuries caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Town, its employees, agents, or volunteers. The Contestant further agrees to release, waive, and discharge, and covenant not to sue the Town, its officials, employees, agents, or volunteers for any claims, demands, or actions whatsoever arising out of any damage, loss, or injury to the Contestant or their property that may result from participation in the Contest.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Many thanks to our wonderful local Parker businesses that help us cultivate our Hometown feel!
- Champion Bank https://novusglass.com/locations/douglas-county/en/
- Ent Credit Union
- Kaiser Permanente
- Parker Water & Sanitation District
To be a sponsor at this level, businesses need to be located within a Town of Parker zip code (80134 or 80138).
For more information please email us or call Brooke Spain at 303.805.3253.