Veterans Memorial Banner Program
The Town of Parker’s Memorial Banner Program was created to recognize and honor deceased Town of Parker residents who have served our country in the military. Each banner will honor one (1) veteran and will include their name, branch and years of service and photo. Banners will be produced using an approved template and will be displayed on a street light in or near Living Wheel Park from approximately May 1 through July 4 to commemorate the dedication of local veterans to our country.
To qualify for this program, the individual being honored must have served in one of the recognized branches of the United States Armed Forces and have died in the line of duty or been honorably discharged from service before their passing. Veterans from incorporated Parker will be given first priority, followed by those who lived in the 80134 or 80138 zip codes. If banner spaces are still available, veterans from outside of the greater Parker area may be considered.
If you meet the program eligibility requirements above, please submit your application here.
Banner Cost and Display
The cost per banner is $150 ($50 if you have participated in the program previously and have an existing banner that is still in good hanging condition), which includes the design, production, installation, and removal of the banner. Banners must be requested and paid for by the immediate family* of the service member to be honored. Approved banners will displayed at Living Wheel Park in Parker from approximately from May 1 through July 4. *Immediate family includes parents, spouse, children and siblings.
- Banner applications must be received by April 15
- Fourteen (14) banner spaces are available for the program.
- First priority will be given to veterans from incorporated Parker, followed by those who lived in the 80134 or 80138 zip codes. If banner spaces are still available, veterans from outside of the greater Parker area may be considered.
- Once the application is verified and approved, the applicant will be notified of the final banner approval.
- Payment must be received prior to banner production.
- Banners will be installed on or around May 1 and displayed through approximately July 4.
View full Veterans Memorial Banner policy.