Parker Civic Academy
Be Aware. Be Informed. Be Engaged.
Would you like to learn how your town government operates and explore opportunities for further engagement? If so, the Parker Civic Academy is for you!
What will you do?
Through a series of presentations, tours, hands-on demonstrations and other activities, you will be part of a behind-the-scenes look at the Town of Parker’s government, departments, services and engagement opportunities.
What will you gain?
- An understanding of your role in local government
- Networking opportunities with Town staff, elected officials and partner agencies
- An increased awareness of Town departments, including the services provided, operations and how decisions are made
- Insight into advocating for your community through involvement and engagement
- Knowledge of opportunities to become more involved in the Town of Parker
What is the time commitment?
- There are 11 sessions, meeting on Wednesday nights typically from 6 to 8 p.m. at various Town facilities. Classes run from late August through mid-November. Please refer to this year's agenda for exact dates.
- At the end of the academy, participants, family and friends are invited to attend a reception followed by a recognition at a Town Council Meeting in mid-November. Please refer to this year's agenda for the exact date.
What does it cost?
There is no cost to attend.
How do you apply?
- Must be a Town of Parker resident or businesses owner
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willing to commit to attending one session per week for 12 weeks
- Participants are expected to display professional courtesy and respectful conduct to promote a positive experience for all
- Class size is limited
- The 2022 Academy is current full. Applications are no longer being accepted.
Who do you contact for more information?
Please contact Cheri Sullivan at 303.805.3265 or via email with any questions.